Welcome to the Mechanical Engineering Machine Shops! All majors are welcome to work in the shops. Before working, everyone must complete the Red Tag safety certification (see steps for signing up below).
Make sure to wear closed toed shoes and long pants in the shops at all times.
Red Tag, Yellow Tag and Laser reservations are now active through the links found below.
You do not need the physical License To Drill ID Card to access the shops. We can log you in without it!
Summer Quarter Applications are open now! They will close week 6.
Hiring info session: May 2nd, 6:10pm-7:00pm in 192-132
1. Yellow tag
2. Time in the machine shop (50 Shop Hours recommended)
SPRING QUARTER HOURS
- Mustang '60:
- 10am - 6pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- 9am-5pm Saturday (starting week 6)
- Aero Hangar:
- 10am - 6pm Tuesday, Thursday
- 9am-5pm Saturday
All red tags and yellow tags take place in the Aero Hangar
WHERE TO START
Red tag | basic shop certification
1. Sign up for Canvas Course | Enroll in Canvas
2. Complete Canvas Course
3. Sign up for a Red Tag tour | Picktime reservation system
4. Attend the Red Tag tour | Wear closed toed shoes and long pants. View Red Tag Page for any other info
Yellow tag | advanced shop certification
1. Work in the shop for 10 hours
2. Complete 1 hour of shop cleanup | See shop tech for cleaning assignment
3. Sign up for a Yellow Tag tour | Picktime reservation system
4. Attend the Yellow Tag tour | Wear closed toed shoes and long pants
RESERVATIONS AND SERVICES
1. Prepare 2D .dxf file of part
2. Bring stock to Mustang 60 shop
3. Request Service | Waterjet Request Form
Reserve time on the laser cutter | Picktime reservation system
Personal Locker | Bring a combination lock to Mustang 60 and talk to a shop tech
Senior Project Cage | Bring a combination lock to Mustang 60 and talk to Eric Pulse
Senior Project Room | Contact email@example.com for senior project room access
fee for service
You can request CNC parts to be made for school-related projects. Learn more