Schedules are subject to change, please check our calendar frequently for updated tour times. All tours and tests are at the Hangar, Bldg. 004 (not in Mustang '60).
A minimum of 10 hours of Red Tag shop use must be recorded before attending a Yellow Tag tour.
- You must abide by all shop procedures and safety rules.
- If you don’t know how to use a tool or don’t remember, ask a Shop Tech.
- Wear appropriate clothing and Personal Protective Equipment for the job.
- To prevent injury or damage to your project use only tools that are in good condition.
- If you break a tool, stop using it and return it to a Shop Tech, (We won’t penalize you for accidental breakage, but we WILL penalize you for hiding the problem and compromising other people's safety.)
- Report any unsafe behavior to a Shop Tech.
- Report any spills to a Shop Tech.
- Immediately report all injuries, no matter how minor, to a Shop Tech.
Specific equipment safety will be discussed during your Yellow Tag tour and can be referenced in the downloadable Yellow Tag Tool Manual.
Tools and Equipment
- MIG and TIG Welders (Shade 10 eye protection required)
- Oxy-Acetylene Rig (Shade 5 eye protection required)
- Plasma Cutter (Shade 5 eye protection required)
- Paint Booth and Gun (Respirator required)
- Ovens (Composite/Heat Treating)
Please read the Shop Rules and Regulations prior to arriving for a tour.
Click the link for a downloadable Yellow Tag Manual