Join Our Team!
Shop Tech Application
We are always looking for qualified individuals to join our team. The success of the students who rely on the machine shops is influenced greatly by the quality of our employees.
Winter Quarter 2022 Hiring Dates
Information Session: Week 6 - Exact date and time TBD
Application Deadline: February 22nd 11:59pm
Hiring Decision Announcements: Beginning of Spring Break
We are seeking individuals who are:
- A second or third year student
- Willing to learn
- Able to interpret questions and reference relevant resources to assist students in their projects
- Both Red and Yellow Tag certified (yellow tag is recommended, not required)
- Minimum of 50 hours shop time preferred
1. Apply: Fill out the online Application: Application Form
2. Interviews: we will contact you to schedule interviews so we can get to know you and hear about your shop experience.
3. Onboarding: We will send an email to inform you about our hiring decisions. Following that, we will have an onboarding meeting to teach you about the logistics of the job and answer any questions you have.
4. Training: We don't expect you to have knowledge about everything in the shop! Once hired, we will train you how to use all the equipment and be comfortable enough to teach others.
All rookie technicians start by creating projects on all machines and performing maintenance work. This provides new hires the opportunity to become familiar with the machine shop and to develop their machining, welding, and woodworking skills. Once the technician has proven he or she is able to teach students how to use all of the equipment in the shop, they will be promoted and begin working with students.